Friday, September 28, 2012

Hatch and Raspberry + Pop


Hatch
Hatch is a new store to me, when I lived in Perth last this was certainly not the shining star of Carillon City. When Heidy of lovethymuse invited me to come check out their runway show with her I am so glad that I did. On show was exactly what I know I will be recommending this summer. 
When Perth girls ask me where they should go to find a dress/ skirt/ outfit etc I am definitely including Hatch in my "Go here Mud-map". Hatch is a one stop shop for WA fashion and accessories. Featured on the runway were the likes of Zhivago, Bhalo, Jeromy Lim, Zanthus, On Tour and more. 

Hatch even had a cute pop up shop outside the STM Fashion Central tent during PFF, where I was happy to meet the lovely Katherine Dunmill. I will do a special post soon on Katherine, who is responsible for the most incredible leather hand made jewellery pieces I have seen in Perth. 

This PFF Hatch were also exhibiting pieces from illustrator Pippa McManus and the Hyogo Banshu Textile exhibition. This project, an initiative of the Department of State Development and supported by the Department of Culture and the Arts, provided an exchange program for local designers to work with Japanese textile manufacturers. The 2012 designers, Jade Facchin Gilloux, Jameen Zalfen, Cynthia Chong, Ellen Lund and Imogen Duxbury all had their final pieces on display in the Hatch window during PFF. The results were phenomenal. Watch those names! 
Heidy took a bunch of pics backstage before the Hatch show, check out what she saw on lovethymuse.com



These leather shorts are so amazing! 






I am in love with this neck piece by the incredible Katherine Dunmill

Jessi, who I swear must have been royalty in another life



The Hatch pop up store outside the PFF STM Fashion Central tent

The Hatch Girls, with Designer Katherine Dunmill

Raspberry + Pop 
 Raspberry + Pop began their 'Weekend in Havana' show with a little fun, with models riding in on bicycles, taking holiday snaps of themselves, embodying the spirit of the collection... quirky, carefree, playful. 
I spent so long chatting to the lovely Hatch girls at the pop-up store that I snuck into this show as it began, so my apologies for the quality of the photos, I was in the second row, so the view of lovely locks gets in the way! 
Raspberry + Pop presented a collection with a signature yellow print, and cool black and white. The playsuit, ruffle skirt and sequin heart top were my standouts. So cute and perfect for this summer. I expect these pieces, which also drew inspiration from the Music industry will be perfect for the music festival season. The message was loud and clear... It is nearly summer, make it a great one! 
Raspberry + Pop is available at HatchtĂș Boutique and other spots in WA. 






No comments:

Post a Comment